Support for SeafarersIf you are a serving or former seafarer, or are from a seafaring family and need assistance Seafarer Support is a free telephone helpline with trained advisers that will be able to help you. Seafarer Support will be able to assess the needs of the individual and will then pair you up with the appropriate support. They can be contacted on FREEPHONE 0800 121 4765 or via their website.
The Seafarers' Advice & Information Line is a dedicated advice line for free, independent impartial and confidential advice about debts, statutory benefits, employment rights and legal issues. SAIL can be contacted on 0800 160 1842 or via their Online Enquiry Service.
If you have ever worked at sea and are struggling to bring up your children call Seafarers' Children's Support on FREEPHONE 0800 055 6558 for help or just someone to talk to.
Please note that the Merchant Navy Fund, administered by Seafarers UK, does not give grants to individuals (see below).
Merchant Navy Fund GrantsOrganisations - not individuals - can apply for a grant from the Merchant Navy Fund. Your organisation can apply to the Merchant Navy Fund's Grants Programme if all of the following apply:
- It is a Registered Charity
- Your project must benefit UK Merchant Navy Seafarers (i.e. those who hold a UK passport)
- The beneficiaries from the grant fall within one or more of the following groups:
- Older seafarers and their dependants (i.e. partners and children)
- Working age seafarers
- Families and dependants (i.e. partners and children) of working age seafarers.
- To be eligible for a grant your organisation must have a bank or building society account in the name of your organisation that requires at least two people, who are unrelated, to sign cheques or make a withdrawal. If offered a grant we will require a copy of a recent bank statement to verify bank account details.
For full details, application form and guidelines to applying for a grant from the Merchant Navy Fund please click here.